Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New Hampshire man shoots wife, then himself inside hospital: report

New Hampshire man shoots wife, then himself inside hospital: report

Authorities have not released details on the incident but a man reportedly entered the ICU unit and killed his wife before shooting himself. A Dover resident named Mark A. Lavoie wrote on Facebook he was about to commit the 'double suicide' to spare his wife from living on a respirator.

 
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
 
Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:23 PM
  • A
  •  
  • A
  •  
  • A
3
7
4
SHARE THIS URL
New Hampshire police are investigating a reported murder-suicide at the Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover Tuesday.GOOGLE MAPSNew Hampshire police are investigating a reported murder-suicide at the Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover Tuesday.
A man entered a New Hampshire hospital and shot his wife before killing himself Tuesday morning, according to reports.
Witnesses told the Union-Leader newspaper that the man entered the ICU section of the Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover, shot his wife and then himself.
The New Hampshire Attorney General's Office is investigating the incident and declined to release any details on the investigation to the Daily News. The office is expected to send out information shortly, spokesman John McCormack told The News at 1:15 p.m.
The Dover Police Department referred all calls to the state office. A hospital spokeswoman said the facility remains open and directed all questions to the Attorney General’s Office. The office plans to hold a briefing later today but has not scheduled a time.
Police have not released any details on the victim or shooter, but a Dover resident named Mark A. Lavoie posted on his Facebook page early this morning that he planned to commit a "double suicide" at the hospital to spare his wife from living on a respirator.
He writes his wife suffers from demons through her bipolar condition she has had since she was a child and she was admitted to the hospital after he dialed 911.
Police remain at the medical facility on Tuesday, but have not officially released details. NH1 NEWSPolice remain at the medical facility on Tuesday, but have not officially released details. 
The comments section is filled with people posting their love of Mark and urging him not to follow through with his plan. But the incident occurred shortly after the message was posted.
A family member told TV Station WCVB the Facebook post is authentic.
"I want to start off by saying this is going to be officially ruled a murder/suicide when in all actuality it is a double suicide,” he wrote. “I am more than happy to sacrifice my life to fix my doing and join her spirit in a happier place.”
Life support on a respirator is the only thing his wife, to whom he referred to as “my baby,” was “feared more than her illness.”
The husband wrote he tried to use her living well to take her off the machine but the doctor did not consider depression to be a “non-reversible state.”
I am more than happy to sacrifice my life to fix my doing and join her spirit in a happier place.
“I just wanted let people know my thoughts as to why I am doing this, weather you can understand it or not,” he said.
Lavoie said he never made a will and left instructions on the family’s finances and funeral arrangements for loved ones to handle.
After their organs are donated he wrote he does not acre what happens with the ashes but mentions “Kathy loves Damariscotta Lake.”
“Though a difficult subject I hope my family whom I love dearly can make some sense of what I'm doing though unless you have dealt directly with mental illness if will be difficult,” he wrote. “Please don't mourn for me, my spirit will be in a much better place with my soul mate; you may even catch a glimpse of us from time to time.”
Lavoie ended by quipping “in all the years I've been on FB I never was one for posting any drama…..I was due one,” he wrote.
“Love you all, peace out!" he ended the message.